Give your 2nd Gen Tacoma the look and feel of a modern luxury vehicle. Footwell lighting gives a sense of spaciousness and comfort while providing illumination to the darkest areas. Adding light to both driver and passenger footwell areas is easy with a VLEDS Tacoma footwell kit!
Dual Output The PWM dimmer module allows for two output modes depending on the scenario.
- COURTESY MODE: The lights are at full output (200LM per side) when the door is open and fades out with the map and dome light when the door is closed.
- NIGHT MODE: This gives you an adjustable low output light when the door is closed and the parking or headlights are switched on. This drops the output to approximately 10LM on the lowest setting. If you want it brighter simply use the included screwdriver and turn it up to your liking.
Plug-n-Play No splicing or tapping into your factory wires! The Redside Electric OEM-style breakout harness simply plugs into the factory wiring harness. From there, connections are easily made to the PWM module and two striplight bars. For more detailed instructions see the instructions tab.
5X Brighter The striplight bars are small in size but produce a huge amount of light compared to cheap flexible strip lights that are ten times the size. No plastic or fiberglass parts here! The circuit boards are aluminum metal core PCBs housed in a CNC'd aluminum (not cast) body then finished with a high-quality exterior-grade black anodizing. They not only look amazing but they will last you for years!
Rear add-on kits are also available, see the product variations!
2x BAR_21 LED Bar Light
2x BAR_21 LSE VHB Tape for Smooth Surfaces
1x VLEDS High/Low PWM Dimmer
1x Dimmer LSE Mounting Tape
1x PWM Adjustment Screwdriver
1x Redside Electric OEM-style Breakout Harness
1x 4 Foot Wire Extension
8x Small Zip Ties
Detailed instructions with photos coming soon.
1. Remove driver side kick panel.
2. Plug in breakout harness to matching ECU plug.
3. Attach PWM dimmer to the mating plugs. High should be plugged into wire labeled "high". Low should be plugged into wire labeled "low".
4. Find spot for PWM dimmer and use provided tape to mount.
5. Remove any oils on dash before mounting bar lights using rubbing alcohol and rag.
6. Mount driver side bar light using provided tape.
7. Route 4 foot extension behind dash and across transmission tunnel.
8. Plug extension into driver side bar and passenger side bar. Clean dash and mount passenger side bar light using provided tape.
9. Use provided zip ties to secure any loose wiring.
10. Re-install kick panel and any other plastics removed during installation.
Instructions from the manufacturer with pictures.